- MBChB University of Pretoria
- FRCS (Orth) Royal College of Surgeons
- Diploma Hand Surgery : British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Completed training in Orthopaedics and Trauma in London
- Travelled to a centre of global excellence in Sydney, Australia as the Pulvertaft Fellow of the British Society of Hand Surgery.
- Undertook a fellowship in children’s hand conditions at Great Ormond Street Hospital, London and AO fellowship in Trauma in Salzburg, Austria.
- Has been awarded the BSSH postgraduate diploma in hand surgery and is a member of the British Orthopaedic Association.
- Previously worked as a Consultant in the Major Trauma Centre at St Mary’s Hospital London and still consults to them regarding patients with Complex Injuries.
- Able to treat both adults and children and currently works as a Consultant Hand Surgeon in the Hand Unit at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
- Treats privately at the Cromwell Hospital and the Wellington Hospital, London.
Area(s) of speciality / particular clinical interests
- Hand and upper limb trauma including fractures and tendon injury.
- Arthritis of the hand and wrist including ganglion management.
- Joint reconstruction, replacement and fusion Sports injuries.
- Tendon injury and dysfunction (triggering), Nerve surgery (including carpal tunnel syndrome), Congenital hand surgery, Dupuytren's surgery as well as medical/injection treatment of Dupuytrens disease (Xiapex) .
- The treatment of hands in people with cereberal palsy, brain and spinal cord injury
Mr Maxim David Horwitz's Places of Practice
If you would like to make an appointment with Mr Maxim David Horwitz please click the button below
Make an Appointment
If you would like to arrange a private appointment with Mr Maxim David Horwitz please complete the fields below, we will contact you shortly to make the arrangements.