MB BS - St Bartholomew's Hospital, London, 1992
FRCS - RCSEng, London 1996
FRCS(Orth) - RCSEng, London 2003
MS - Imperial College, London 2004
FFSEM(UK) - Edinburgh, 2010
- Youngest ever surgeon to be elected onto the Council of the Royal College of Surgeons.
- One of the UK's leading surgeons in the field of meniscal surgery.
- Honorary Secretary of the UK Meniscal Study Group,
- Member of the European Meniscal Transplantation Study Group
- Awarded a Master of Surgery Higher Degree for his research into Meniscal Transplantation.
- Awarded the President's Medal of the British Association for Surgery of the Knee for his research into meniscal repair.
- One of the only surgeons in the UK performing 'Biological Knee Replacement' surgery
- First surgeon in the UK to perform the new ConforMIS custom made knee replacement.
Mr McDermott is the founding member and managing partner of London Sports Orthopaedics and is an Honorary Professor Associate at Brunel University School of Sport & Education. He is an Editorial Board Member of the American Journal of Sports Medicine and Editorial Board Member of the Trauma and Orthopaedics Journal. He is available for private appointments at the London Bridge Hospital.
Area(s) of speciality / particular clinical interests
Knee injuries, Meniscal repair and meniscal replacement surgery (including meniscal transplantation), ACL reconstruction, Biological Knee Replacement, Custom-made Knee Replacements.
Mr Ian McDermott's Places of Practice
If you would like to make an appointment with Mr Ian McDermott please click the button below
If you would like to arrange a private appointment with Mr Ian McDermott please complete the fields below, we will contact you shortly to make the arrangements.