MB BS Middlesex Hospital London University 1977
FRCS Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 1981
FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 1982
MS London University 1989
FICS Chicago 1988
- Trained in Cardiothoracic Surgery at the Harefield, Middlesex and Brompton Hospitals in the United Kingdom;
- Further post graduate experience in specialised Mitral Valve Repair under the tuition of Professor Alain Carpentier at the Hopital Broussais in Paris.
- Cardio-Thoracic Surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital, London in 1989 where he was Director of Cardiothoracic Services from 1993 to 1996.
- Heads the Department of Cardiac Surgical Research in the Rayne Institute, St Thomas Hospital that has specialised research interests in protection of the heart and other major organs during open heart surgery.
- Previously Hunterian Professor of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- The immediate Past President of the Cardiothoracic Section of the Royal Society of Medicine.
- acts as an expert witness for medico-legal matters and is registered as an expert with the Expert Witness Institute.
Mr Venn is currently a Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon at St Thomas' Hospital, London, NHS and is Honorary Senior Lecturer for Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University of London. He is Head of Department of Cardiac Surgical Research at Rayne Institute, St Thomas' Hospital, London. Mr Venn is Chairman of Medical Advisory Committee, London Bridge Hospital and Chairman of Combined Medical Advisory Committees for HCA Hospitals. He treats privately as a Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon at London Bridge Hospital, London.
Area(s) of speciality / particular clinical interests
Mitral Valve Disease Mitral Valve Repair Surgery for Atrial Dysrhythmias Maze Procedure Coronary Artery Disease Valvular Surgery
Surgical practice has particular interests in reconstructive surgery of the mitral valve and the surgical treatment of ischaemic and valvular adult heart disease. Additionally specialises in general adult thoracic surgery.
Mr Graham Venn's Places of Practice
If you would like to make an appointment with Mr Graham Venn please click the button below
If you would like to arrange a private appointment with Mr Graham Venn please complete the fields below, we will contact you shortly to make the arrangements.